My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Powershot A590 IS Video: Houstron Metro Light Rail Going By



I received a Powershot A590 IS as a gift last night. I very fortunate in that my friends and relatives all realize that I love photography and usually give me photography-related presents.

The backlighting is pretty strong on this video, and I'm sure there are probably ways to compensate for it manually.

So far the Powershot is pretty sweet, what with being equipped with inbody IS and all. It's the perfect addition to my current kit, and allows me to always be with a camera no matter where I go.

What I have learned so far is that it is not that wide. I suppose my EF 24-105 L--which I have been using religiously for a year now--spoiled me rotten. But there's alot to be said for being able to pull something out of your pocket and shoot right there.

Is this camera suitable for microstocking? I'll certainly be checking this out with some submissions later in the week. There are some contributors who use Powershots and actually do quite well. They probably have to rely on noise-reduction software to a greater extent, though.

No comments: