My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Autostitcher: A completely automated Panorama Stitcher

You gotta' love the digital age. There is just so much new software coming out every day it's hard to keep up. Luckily, one of my friends tipped me off to this nice piece of software called Autostitch.

Autostitch completely automates the process of stitching panoramas together and it does it SEAMLESSLY. I've tried the trial version of Arcsoft's Panoramamaker and Adobe's CS2 and CS3, but they just don't cut it. Even if I use a tripod, there are always some bothersome "rogue" seams that just make me quit or reach for my 10-20mm ultra wide angle.

Here's an example of a photo I made with autostitch from 6 different exposures:



You can download a beta version of this software at:

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

No comments: