My latest images for sale at Shutterstock:

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Earnings Schedule for May & June 2008

I joined Shutterstock about ten days before June, but the sales didn't start coming in fast furious until the beginning of June. The only other sites I was seriously invested in were Fotolia and the now-defunct Lucky Oliver. Fotolia has always been slow in terms of sales, but did land me 2 payouts. Lucky Oliver almost got me to payout but then fizzled and shut down. I ended using all my money from LO to buy pictures mainly from Eco, who shoots great National Geographic-esque photography.

Here is an earnings breakdown for May and June 2008.



Conclusion: Shutterstock kicks booty in terms of earning power. I broke 200 pictures in my portfolio right before the close of the month and hope to double that to 400 before the end of June. I see that most contributors at SS making $200 or more per month have at least 800 high-quality photos in their porfolios, so that'll be my goal for this year.

No comments: